- Showing news from 1. January 2006 to 31. December 2006 [Reset
- Showing news with priority High [Reset
- Base filters enabled [Disable
Sunday, 21. May 2006
WRs at 14:23 EEST by px
No new WRs to be updated.
Monday, 15. May 2006
WRs #242 at 0:35 EEST by px
One new World Record, the level is Uphill Battle.
Sunday, 7. May 2006
WRs #241 at 23:59 EEST by px
Sunday, 30. April 2006
WRs #240 at 15:43 EEST by px
Sunday, 23. April 2006
WRs #239 at 23:56 EEST by px
Three new WRs. The total time of WR times is now down to 36:36,38.
Monday, 10. April 2006
WRs #238 at 0:54 EEST by px
Sunday, 2. April 2006
WRs #237 at 23:32 EEST by px
Sunday, 26. March 2006
Elma Online beta at 1:53 EET by Abula
milagros released a new Elma patch, Elma Online beta, about a month ago. It was patched to the Very final 1.2 which was released on Moposite a few days ago.
By using the Elma Online beta you can multiplay over internet. It might be a bit laggy but at least axxu and rawl managed to drive two WRs by using it. It's recommended to use Skype, Teamtalk or something similar to get communicating easier.
There really is no place for EOL on Paprika yet and I move hosting it further to future.
Friday, 24. March 2006
Paprika release at 20:50 EET by Abula
After two years and 2000 hours (ok, I didn't count) and here we are. Paprika is up and running. Some people have known about it, some might have guessed something's going on, others might have not.
Paprika is the code name for the latest version of Moposite, its coding was started in the summer of 2004, while Abula was still in the army. At the moment, Paprika isn't even near to being complete, but we were still able to publish it now (user managing is working quite well and the basic structure to build on is there). This news will only cover a few of the more important things and the full, more detailed, list will be published at a later time.
- Elasto Mania 1.2 is released
- News section is totally renewed, it's much easier to use for news writers but it also supports comments, categories, filters and priorities - which will be explained thoroughly later on
- Panel: log in by using your Kuski gallery account information, you can edit some settings; if you have forgotten your password you must wait a bit; we will start the user managing in a few days time
- New main page for first-time visitors (it's only shown for visitors who are not logged in so click Remember me if you want to enter the News page directly instead of Main page when surfing to Moposite)
- Knowledge is a new main section, quite alot new material there
- Information section is fully updated
- The layout is tweaked and links are a bit more clever - eventhough they might be a bit confusing at first
- Administration has been made better and easier
For the time being, there aren't too many obvious changes around here, if you compare it to the two years it's taken us to get to this point. That's because we had to design and code the basics very carefully to make developing of the site easier in the future. New sections and features will be introduced as they are completed. The next major change will be to give a facelift to Kuski gallery and other community pages. That will include a much nicer user managing both for admins and visitors.
Bug reports are more than welcome
People who have been or still are a part of this project:
Abula and Viper_KillerGuy - both have put alot of time and effort into the coding and obviously Abula being the leader of the whole project; Sathy - the editor
, feedback; Zebra - Designing section; BarTek - Welcome pictures; skint0r - code support, feedback; SveinR, px, Tisk and Luther some minor tasks.
Drop a comment (right-bottom corner) or keep on discussing on Mopolauta
Very final 1.2 at 2:47 EET by Abula
Hibernatus has coded a brand new Elasto Mania 1.2 unofficial version offering many new features.. wait! That was three years ago
! Yes, we are very well aware of that and as a main central of Elasto Mania community we should have released the new patch alot earlier. Our sincerest apologies for the delay.
However, we would like to come clear the actual reasons for the delay. The most important reason was that as we have high standards, we must carefully evaluate all the new patches to see whether or not they should be published - which basicly means checking for bugs and so on, because we don't want to confuse people with first a release and th en a bug fix right after. Of course there are many sound arguments against this reasoning, and we might eventually change our standards. One other important reason for the delay was the famous editor bug in the Final version
. We wanted to have a solution for that and apparently Hibernatus fixed it for us after we requested it. This happened about one year ago. Also, we had planned on releasing the 1.2 at the same time with Paprika and I thought it wouldn't take more than a month or something. But as it turns out, it took alot longer than that! But anyway, here we have it.
This Very final 1.2
should be totally bug free, no known bugs involved:
- XP lag bug is fixed
- Across levels work in total time counter (they were problematic for example in Hoyla Mission total time calculating)
- The editor bug is fixed
A brief summary of the new things in Elma 1.2 compared to 1.11a:
- New options such as screen resolution, zoom, centered camera, replay saving reminder and possibility to edit locked levels
- Advanced fast search in menus
- Merging replays
- Alovolt, brake alias and esc alias keys
- VCR-style controls when watching replays
A detailed list can be read on the Elma12.txt
and some other information on the Elasto Mania information
Sunday, 19. March 2006
WRs #236 at 22:23 EET by px
John drove two new WRs.
Sunday, 12. March 2006
WRs #235 at 12:33 EET by px
John drove two new WRs.
Sunday, 19. February 2006
WRs #234 at 23:49 EET by px
One new WR.
Sunday, 29. January 2006
WRs #233 at 22:51 EET by px
One new WR, by Raven.
Sunday, 22. January 2006
WRs #232 at 0:03 EET by px
14 new WRs. Yes, fourteen. And 13 out of them by TorInge, who now has 27 WRs in one table (that's half of all WRs). The previous record was 22 by Zweq (table #152).
Friday, 20. January 2006
GAA05 results at 9:23 EET by Abula
The Golden Apple Awards 2005 was held in January 15th 2006. The winners are:
- Internalist - TorInge
- Externalist - axxu
- Battler - Markku
- Rookie - Tm
- Designer - Zebra
- Team - ICE
- WR - 54. Apple Harvest 1:26,90 TorInge #199
- Multi WR - 30. Pipe 21,62 Stini & Stini #127
- Style - axxu's Apple Harvest
- Replay - WCup515, 49,47 by Jalli
- Level - WCup504 Mada Mada Dane by skint0r
- Contest - World Cup 5
- Contribution - Zebra: Mopobattles, #battle stats, contest arranger, programs
- Achievement - MP: World Cup win for the second time in a row
- Site - MopoCorner
Logs, detailed results and comments on Mopolauta
. And thanks to SveinR for arranging the event. And hey, some donations are needed, for prizes.
Elma done (fairly) Quick at 9:19 EET by Abula
skint0r has made a movie of best available replays, it's a very nice. Read more and download it on Mopolauta
Dyrox at 9:18 EET by Abula
Finally Dyrox has been added to blacklist and also all his fake nick names (Xian, Phoenix, Dreyfus, Ashe, Anette, Java at least) in Mopolauta have been banned. He has cheated his times several times by state.dat editing in the past. It's a one year ban (will expire in 20. Jan 2007) and the status will be changed to forever ban if he creates a new nick name during the ban period.
Thanks for petsen for telling some details.
Monday, 16. January 2006
WRs #231 at 22:00 EET by px
Two new WRs.
Sunday, 8. January 2006
WRs at 12:52 EET by px
No new WRs to be updated.